Alistair Cockburn's Advanced Agile Class
Knowit has brought Dr. Alistair Cockburn to Finland to deliver one of his excellent classes on May 31 - June 1, 2017.
Alistair has been voted one of the “All-Time Top 150 i-Technology Heroes” for his work in creating and steering Agile software development. What people have said after attending one of his courses:
- “He set out to challenge all of our preconceptions about agile, deconstruct them, and then help to rebuild our understanding using different lenses he’s crafted from his deep and extensive experience. The result being, that people walked away with more insight, understanding and approaches with which to advance their own agility and those of the people around them.”
- ”#AdvancedAgile with @TotherAlistair is like walking in as an agile Jedi then some dude with pointy horns pulls a double ended light sabre.” – Todd
- “Alistair is the Chuck Norris of Use Cases. Applying use cases to the project life cycle has re-instilled my faith in project management.”
For more information and group discounts, please contact Kari Kakkonen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modern “expert” agile practitioners have mastered the practices – but not why they work, not how to adjust practices to situations, not how to approach new and surprising situations, not how to apply agile practices to non-software projects, not how to incorporate results from other fields back to their own projects, not how to tailor the practices to different organizational cultures.
This advanced course from industry expert Dr. Alistair Cockburn addresses those areas.
In this discovery-filled course you will:
- Learn why agile works, in software or outside of it,
- Learn how to articulate and deal with the weaknesses in agile development,
- Test yourself and your partners with the Test-Driven Carpaccio exercise.
- Learn to reduce risk and maximize results by viewing design as a Knowledge Acquisition activity.
- Practice backing up your recommendations with solid theory, not just an appeal to authority,
- Learn how to plan and track larger, more complicated projects using Story Mapping or Blitz Planning (time permitting),
- . . . and most of all
- Come face-to-face with yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses, as you confront one situation after another with equally inquisitive classmates.
You can read more about the course on Alistairs’ course page http://www.tabar.com.au/advanced-agile
Alistair has co-authored the Manifesto for Agile Software Development and the “Declaration of Interdependence,” created the first Agile Software Development Conference, co-founded the Agile Project Leadership Network, served on the board of the AgileAlliance, designed the Crystal family of agile methodologies, and co-founded the International Consortium for Agile.
Three of his books have won Jolt awards and been listed in “The Top 100 Best Software Books of All Time”. He consistently receives high ratings for his presentations and courses. Much of his material is online at http://Alistair.Cockburn.us.