Do you have a team structure stretched over cities, countries or just a very large office space? Do you feel the teamwork could be improved? Learn to access and cultivate your collaboration superpowers!
This one-day workshop (spread over three days) gives participants the best practices and tools required to work together from anywhere. Participants learn how to create team agreements, find the right tools, build trust, communicate effectively, and set patterns for honest and useful feedback.
The workshop is directed to anyone that works in a team or manages teams that are not sitting in the same room.
The course is taught in English (Contact us if you prefer Swedish).
The "Remote Office Management" specialist Lisette Sutherland has authored this workshop. With more than ten years' experience with remote collaboration tools and online community management, you'll get quite some tools for your future work.
Bring your own device
Bring your own laptop/tablet
Dates and times
February 21, 12-4 PM
March 8, 1-2.30 PM
March 14, 1-2.30 PM
1. Building trust on remote teams
Learn how to bridge distance when one or more people are working remotely. You will learn:
- The building blocks of trust for remote teams
- How to simulate the office
- Modern tools for online collaboration (and some far out tools too!)
2. Creating team agreements
Avoid miscommunications and set expectations for how you want to work together. You will learn:
- How to establish a basic set of guidelines for working together on a remote team
- Common communication protocols for remote working
- Tools for capturing team agreements
3. Giving feedback on virtual teams
Learn how to give and receive feedback on both small and big things to make the remote working experience more enjoyable. Specifically, we will discuss:
- How to give rapid, continuous feedback
- How to conduct remote retrospectives
- Setting up a system for 360 degree team feedback
- Tools for showing appreciation
4. Remote meeting facilitation
Learn how to setup and facilitate virtual team meetings to get the most engagement and interaction from your team. Specifically, we will discuss:
- How to choose and effectively use online meeting technology
- Common communication protocols for effective remote meetings
- How to facilitate interaction and participation, and minimize distractions and multi-tasking
5. Setting up a great remote workspace
When your clients or colleagues call, give them confidence in that your "remoteness" is not a problem. You will learn:
- The components of a great remote workspace
- The technology that allows you to communicate reliably
- How to avoid common distractions